Pecan Praline Cookies
Posted by Judy Taylor on
I am in the mood for cookies. And when I want to bake some cookies, I go to my Paula Dean cookbook because she has some of the best cookie recipes. I have recently discovered her Pecan Praline Cookies which are delicious. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar (divided)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar (confectioners’)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1½ cups brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Scoop dough using a 1½-inch spring-loaded ice cream scoop, and drop 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and remaining ½ cup brown sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread warm sugar mixture onto cookies, and sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.