What is Thanksgiving dinner without cranberry salad?
I love the sweet and tart tingly taste that goes on in this
holiday salad, and the added crunch of the chopped pecans
makes it an all time favorite. Hope you will enjoy it
at your table this Thanksgiving.
1 pkg cranberries
2 large oranges
2 large apples (I like Honeycrisp)
2 c pecans, chopped
1 pkg strawberry jello
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
2 c sugar
1. Wash the cranberries and drain well.
Chop cranberries in food processor
2. Peel oranges and cut into chunks
3. Core apples and chop, leaving peel on
4. Chop pecans
5. Combine all ingredients, except Jell-O,
in large serving bowl (do not drain pineapple).
6. Mix 1 cup boiling water with Jell-O, blend until
Jell-O has dissolved, then pour over fruit mixture.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 day (2 days is better)
to allow flavors to mix well.